was originally a ship's lifeboat which, according to popular belief, was given to the captain when he retired.
Her dimensions are
Displacement: 2.6 tons
Official Number: 161182
She first appeared in local waters when she was owned by Harold Benest, the Lloyd’s agent. In October 1925 she was used as a work platform during the salvaging of the SS Atala and in 1936 she took part in the recovery of The Cloud of Iona a seaplane which crashed near the Minquiers.
Between 1925 and 1936 Mr Benest got Francois Lawrence to rebuild her stern and change it from a flat transom to an angled reverse transom reminiscent of a Thames river cruiser.
In June 1940, skippered by Alfred Grenelle, she was one of the fleet of small boats help with the evacuation of Allied troops from St Malo.
In the post war years she served as a guard boat duing Gorey Regatta.
In 1994 Jack Le Gresley bought her from the estate of Mr Le Clerq and she was restored in 1994. In April 1999 the Diana was given to the Jersey Heritage Trust by Jack Le Gresley's widow, Helen.
Like the Fiona, Diana also took part in the commemorative trips down to St Malo in 2000 and 2010.
In 2009 Diana was entered on the National Small Boats Register as NSBR 1536.